Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What i would do different

If I was in charge of my high school there would be a whole lot of things done different. Well for starters the whole wouldn't have shut down. I think that's a good place to start seeing how my class was the last graduating class of Taylor Road Academy. I believe the main reason for my school shutting down was that there were simply too many kids on sport scholarships. I believe my last year of high school there had been a total of about a hundred and fifty or more sport scholarships granted to kids who weren't even that good a sports. Keep in mind that this is a severely high number since the high school only consisted of about three hundred or less students. So that would be the first thing I'd change. I wouldn't issue sport scholarships. To be honest the only thing those scholarships did was hurt the school because the only sport holding two state championships was the soccer team which consisted of kids who'd been going to Taylor Road half there lives. One such kid is myself. The next thing I would do would be to get rid of the uniforms. I understand that uniforms create a sense of order and are meant to keep kids from competing about who has better clothes; however, uniforms also kill a students individuality. If everyone is forced to look the same, kids are limited from ways to express themselves. Besides in a way it teaches kids that everyone is an equal in the world which is not even the case. So those are probably the two main things I would change about my school. I think by doing these two things it would still be standing today. No uniforms would increase the number of students wanting to attend and no sports scholarships would increase profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment