Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Influences

Growing up without a father, my greatest influences was my older brother. Whenever I have a problem, I go to my brother for advice. Even though he is only three years older than me, he still has gone through the stuff I would be going through now and then some. I'm able to talk to my brother about stuff I would never talk to my mom about. My mother would only look at it from a concerned parent's point of view and not remember how it is to be a kid. My brother, however, was still a kid and he could understand where I'm coming from. Also my brother has never really passed any kind of judgment on me about anything. Yeah my brother has done some things he ain't proud of, but oh well everyone has. My brother being so close to me in age allows me to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them. On the other hand, this is not such a good thing. Because my mom expects me to learn from my brother's mistakes, I usually get a worse punishment. I think this is unfair. That's the same thing as watching a movie on not smoking cigarettes because it's bad and then me getting a severe punishment for trying it after viewing the movie. My brother has influenced a lot of things in my life. For example, I would of never picked up a pencil and started drawing if it was not for my brother. Also, I would have never played sports and eventually won a state championship in soccer my senior year. My brother's work ethic has also been instilled in me. We are both two of the top workers at our job. Managers love us and I have my brother to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment