Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cause and Effect

The cause for me coming to AUM was mainly because i received a full scholarship. Also AUM is in my home town and it was convenient to come here. My brother is already at AUM, so if i need help with anything chances are that he already knows how to do it. And he helps me a pretty good bit. AUM is also right across the street from my old school, which no longer exists in that location, Taylor Road Academy. I already have a few friends that go to AUM so that made the decision easier. One of my friends lives down the street from the school, therefore i can simply go to his house in between classes. My job is also right down the road from AUM, Publix. So anytime I have to go to work after school its a quick little drive.
The effect of going to AUM is that i am able to major in what i want. They offer a pre-engineering program which allows me to get a degree in mathematics and then transfer to Auburn to get a degree in engineering. I also met a lot of new people at AUM including my girlfriend. My friend who lives down the street from the school introduced us. So that was a pretty good effect. Another effect would be I save a great deal of gas. If I had gone to say Troy or Montevallo and still tried to stay at home that would be multiple tanks of gas a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment