Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Something to do when there is no power

Whenever a hurricane rolls through Alabama, the power at my house always goes out. During our last major hurricane, me and my brother went to the Dollar Tree and bought a bunch of puzzles. I use to love those puzzles when I was younger. And the fact that my brother actually let me do them with him helped as well. Me and my brother did not really hang out much at that time. However, we hang out a good bit now. We would sit in the living room on the floor, in front of the window so we could see what we were doing. I'm actually not that good at puzzles. As a matter of fact, I'm horrible at them. Everyone says you are suppose to start with the border and then work towards the middle, but that doesn't work for me. I just end up having to look at every single piece. I don't know how my brother does it; he's able to just look at two pieces and see that they are going to fit together. I, on the other hand, have to try each side of the puzzle piece and each possible combination before I can rule a fit out. I guess this is why puzzles are so good for me to do when the power is out; they take me a long time to do. However, when they are finished you feel an overwhelming feeling of self-accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment